Friday, October 16, 2009

shattered glass

this week has been different..i can tell that almost every year i experience something that really tests me. and this year it has happened, yet again..

i remembered my college professor telling us, that unlike her, we live in a world shielded by frosted glass. where everything from the outside world is, blurry, where everything in OUR world, is filled with pretty and wonderful things. i say that in my world, that glass has began to crack.

these past few days, i have thought of many ways to escape problems like these, many ways..and those ways have been selfish, and un-thought. maybe sometimes to escape life's problems, you just have to LIVE it. as simple as that.

sometimes, i look at the people around me, just like last night as i was watching the nightly news on television, a girl lost her sister and mother due to the typhoons up north. as well as a man who lost his wife and 2 kids, and left him paralyzed. sometimes i see the good things in my life, like a complete family, eating 3 times a day, having friends..yes those are the things that we should always be thankful for. this past week, i learned to count my blessings, literally.

every night i pray..hoping that this will all pass. i hope. maybe i should be thankful that unlike some, i still have a house and a family to be thankful for. my parents love me for who i am, and who i might be in the future.

so maybe my life hasn't begun yet. but in 5 months time, it WILL. and i'm sort of excited already. i just HOPE IT TURNS OUT THAT WAY.

to all the other lost souls out there, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel..i hope we all make it out..

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment