Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chronic Wheeze at B-side, Malugay

Aside from my love for pinoy rap, I have also gained liking for local bands. Well, unlucky me our cable doesn't have MYX (LOL), which is the quote, un-quote, the number one music channel in the Philippines. Which is why I have to make an extra effort to learn and discover some of the new and upcoming local bands, which I do by streaming through twitter and facebook (really helpful :D).

Last April 24th me and Drei, attended Chronic Wheeze XXII at B-Side Malugay..please see poster below for details:

  


As always, "Filipino Time" prevails, the show started really late, and ended really late too. It ended around 4 am and I had to go to work the next day, but WTH. 

I guess the music scene here in the Philippines is striving, since there are still alot of kids like us who dig this kind of music and have not drowned in the Korean wave. LOL. Look, I have nothing against Korean music, but if Korean CDs have higher sales, than CDs by local artists, well then that's a different story.




Live painting by Chase




yes...it was so hot that everyone wanted to take their clothes off




book sale. I wasn't able to buy anything though, since I still have so many pending reads




 Oh my, they are the Chocolate Factory. You guys HAVE to listen to them. 




The Chongkeys. They all had matching shirts and this guy was so intense. GALING




 *stalker mode*. This is Eight Toleran / Ocho Toleran of Franco. He was like inches from me and we even got to talk to him for a bit. He was soo friendly. I was just too shy to have a photo op with him since it would catch too much attention within such a small crowd.

 


Front man of Wilabaliw. Ian Tayao. Awesome, ear drum smashing performance. 
 







 Franco. The band we all waited for, finally at around 'almost 4 AMish", it was their turn to play




Ocho Toleran again. :D

You know that weird moment when you actually saved your camera for a photo op with your favorite band members and your camera just f*cks up? HAHAHA yeah we waited until 4 AM for some legit photo ops, and this is what we got. 




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment