Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fliptop - the first Filipino Rap Battle League

First time I heard about fliptop was through my brother who apparently downloaded all his favorite rap battles to his phone.

I told him, "What the hell is that?" of course, rap in the Philippines isn't so mainstream since all people want to hear are covers and remakes of old love american love songs. Most of the songs of local artists are merely remakes of old love foreign love songs and because of this the music industry is dying, or it might be dead already. Gone were the days of the E-heads and APO wherein the songs actually meant something. Why do artists nowadays keep reviving their songs? why? may they can't seem to write anything meaningful anymore.

So I stumbled upon Fliptop and the next thing you know it, I've watched so many videos and have been replaying each scene that deemed funny or "astig"

For those that think that pinoy rap is "whack", well wtf have you been listening to yo?

I'd like to say that these are the modern "Francisco Balagtas" of this generation. They're videos are scattered all over YouTube, I'm actually wondering why a majority of the major record label companies have not noticed them yet. Haven't they?

I really hope there would be one talent agency or record company who would sponsor these fellas, since they're really good and they deserve that chance. Something like YG in Korea who manages Big Bang, Tablo and 2NE1. If I had the money, I'd do that myself.

I hope it's never too late before these Filipino Shakespeares would get tired of doing their thing.

Note: I don't think they deserve to be on Youtube forever, they deserve to be recognized at a national and international level.They deserve to have albums each landing on the top spot in the local record stores and not some whack host/guy singing "Ikaw na nga...ang hinahanap ng pusoooo"..lol

Here are my favorite battle emcees:

Name: Zaito
this guy's so effin funny man, he has the heart too. 



Name: Abra
the cutest. hahaha, I've seen him improve through his videos. And he's probably one of the best out there.




Name: Tipsy D
one of the new guys. But he's really good...go watch his videos on youtube, he's done a lot of tagalog versions of english songs



Name: Loonie
I guess he's everyone's favorite. And he deserves to be everyone's favorite


Subscribe to the FLIPTOP page on Youtube.


1 comment:

  1. Hello. Agree ako sa lahat ng nakalagy. Btw. pakilike naman yung Fan page . http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fliptop-Lines/153286184710789?ref=hl

    Salamat..

    ReplyDelete